HRSA released a grant announcement (HRSA-09-177) on November 4th to fund a Data Resource Center to provide access to the Maternal and Child Health Bureau’s user-friendly national, state, and regional data available from surveys and other data resources. The surveys focus on the “National Survey of Children with Special Health Needs” and the “National Survey of Children’s Health”. The goal is to use these two resources to provide an evidence base for state, local maternal, and child health programming information.
Specifically the grantee’s responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining data use support features for the website
- Developing easy to understand resource materials and training modules
- Providing technical assistance to respond to national, state, community and family
constituencies, and particularly for the State Title V programs
- Incorporating new data sets from the latest information as it becomes available
- Consulting and providing technical assistance to MCHB and the National Center for Health Statistics
Any public or private entity including an Indian Tribe, tribal organization, faith-based or community organization is eligible to apply for the grant.
Approximately $575,000 is expected to be available annually to fund one grantee and will provide funding for FY 2009-2011 depending on the availability of appropriated funds. The application deadline is January 07, 2009. The project is estimated to start May 01, 2009.
For more information, go to www.grants.gov or contact Michael Kogan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-443-3145.