The National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH), a membership association of all 50 State Offices of Rural Health (SORH) realizes that state offices must be able to document the impact of the state offices and their services. According to NOSORH, the 50 SORHs all have different organizational structures and each has been using a different a web-based performance tool.
A Request for Proposals has been issued and NOSORH and the contractor will work together to offer all 50 SORHs the same basic performance measurement tool to collect data on five core measures of performance and at least ten custom measures.
The goal is to have all 50 SORHs input data into the same web-based data collection tool. Nearly all the work will be done electronically via teleconferences, emails, webinars, and with the use of web-based workspaces. There will be some opportunities to meet face-to-face with the SORH at national and regional meetings.
The web-based data collection tool needs to provide these services:
• A web-based data collection system linked from the NOSORH website
• A system to handle a large number of users simultaneously and available on a real-time basis for a large number of users
• Security, back-up, and retrieval of lost data for each user
• A diverse selection of reports
• A system that is easy to use and allows for simple user registration, do validity checks, and provide for clear definitions
• Provide ongoing maintenance of the system
• Training and continuing education
Funding is available through August 31, 2011 with ongoing funding expected to go through at least 2012. The services to be provided by the contractor will be funded in part by a Cooperative Agreement from the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy. Other funding may be provided by fees collected from enrolled SORHs. The development of a contracting and pricing strategy may allow for some revenue sharing.
Go to www.nosorh.org/events/files/performance_measures_tracking_tool_rfp.pdf to download the RFP. A notice to bid is required and proposals must be submitted by October 29, 2010. For more details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call NOSORH at (586) 739-9940.