HRSA’s Bureau of Health Professions has announced the availability of funds to help increase access to healthcare workforce information. The June 19th FOA (HRSA-08-157) HHHsolicits grant applications for the Health Workforce Assistance Center (HWAC) cooperative agreement program. The closing date for applications is July 21, 2008, and one award will be made for $750,000 to be awarded for a 5 year project period.
Some of the grantee’s responsibilities would include:
· Operating an information center to provide a full range of information and respond to general public inquiries on health workforce issues
· Planning, acquiring, and processing health workforce materials plus searching for appropriate databases for information
· Developing ways to provide information and assist in navigating the complex web of Federal agencies, foundations, and technical assistance providers
· Tracking and electronically posting policy documents and federal regulations that affect the health workforce
· Collecting and disseminating best practices in health workforce education and key research findings
· Preparing a continually updated web version and linking to grants.gov with information on state and federal funding opportunities
· Producing a general interest newsletter to be published electronically
Eligible applicants include state or local governments, health professions schools, schools of nursing, academic health centers, and community based health facilities.
For more information, go to www.grants.gov.