The 5th Annual Healthcare Unbound Conference and Exhibition will focus on new ideas dealing with the convergence of consumer and healthcare technologies. The Conference on July 7-8, 2008 at the Marriott San Francisco is co-sponsored by the American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging and the Center for Aging Services Technologies.
The Conference is geared to help HIT companies, healthcare providers, consumer technology companies, pharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics companies, health plans, and financial and consulting firms.
The high level attendees include “C” and senior level executives whose responsibilities include business development, operations, technology, marketing, information technology, R&D, and medical management.
The Conference will stress how innovative technologies can drive opportunities to serve health consumers in new ways and in new settings. The program will have a strong focus on the use of remote monitoring, home telehealth technologies for wellness promotion and disease management, with a special emphasis on baby boomers and the elderly.
The agenda will cover topics on the emerging role of mobile/wireless technologies, legal/regulatory developments, reimbursement issues, strategies for success for vendors and much more. The program will feature keynote presentations from many of the nation’s thought leaders in the field, and present leading edge case studies.
Some of the leading keynote presenters include:
- Vince Kuraitis, JD, Principal and Founder of Better Health Technologies, LLC
- David C. Kibbe, MD, MBA, Principal, The Kibbe Group
- Liz Boehm, Principal Analyst, Customer Experience for Healthcare and Life Sciences, Forrester Research
- Michael J. Barrett, Managing Partner, Critical Mass Consulting
- Gordon K. Norman, MD, MBA, Executive VP, Chief Scientific Officer, Alere Medical, Inc.
- Eric Dishman, General Manager and Global Director, for the Product Research and Innovation Group, Intel Corporation
- David L. Whitlinger, President and Board Chairman, Continua Health Alliance
- David Ceino, General Manager, Consumer Engineering, Health Solutions Group, Microsoft
- Donald Jones, Vice President, Business Development Qualcomm
- Jerry Lin, Product Manager, Google
- Anaud K. Iyer, PhD, President & Chief Operating Officer, Welldoc Communications
- Larry Leisure, President, North America iMetrikus, Inc
Many additional panels will discuss connected health developments not only nationally but also globally, state of aging services technology, wireless technology, from PHR to consumer health products, health 2.0 current state and future directions, developing potential collaborations between payers, providers, and manufacturers, telehomecare and remote monitoring, piloting tomorrow’s technology, interoperability vision for Kaiser Permanente, how the network effect impacts adoption, expanding telehealth programs through collaborative policy initiatives, transformative home healthcare, disease management applications, and networking drugs, devices and consumer products with intelligent medicine,
Three additional post conference workshops will be held to discuss technology enabled patient self management, securing reimbursement from payers for healthcare unbound products and services, and effectively using consumer electronics to deliver clinical services.
The event builds on the strength of last year’s conference and exhibition that attracted over 400 high-level attendees. The Conference has proven to be a great networking event attracting executives and clinicians from across the U.S. and abroad.
For more information, contact Satish Kavirajan, Managing Director TCBI, (310) 265-2570, email email@example.com, or go to www.tcbi.org for information on the conference and to register.