Realities facing combat casualty care today will be highlighted at the Battlefield Healthcare Mid Year Meeting to be held in San Diego, California on August 18-20, 2008. Medical advancements in the battlefield and refinement of the continuum or care have led to the largest number of casualty survivors in modern combat history. This has created entirely new considerations in military medical science and pre-deployment training.
Attend this important meeting to learn how to deliver effective care in remote environments using new tele-medical applications, gain insight into front line procedures, newest treatments for wound care, and learn about infection control advancements.
Military, civilian medics, nurses, MDs, research engineers, scientists, program managers and others will gather to discuss goals and objectives, implementation strategies, enablers and barriers, and existing program initiatives to improve battlefield healthcare.
Keynote speakers and carefully selected panelists will talk on topics such as:
- Front Line Technologies
- Medical Information Systems
- Polytrauma Coordination
- TBI & Combat Stress Injuries
- Pre-Deployment Medical Training
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
The top speakers confirmed so far are:
- Vice Admiral Adam Robinson, USN, MC, U.S. Navy Surgeon General & Chief, U.S. Navy BUMED
- Colonel Les Folio, USAF, MD, MPH, former Radiology Flight Chief, 332nd Expeditionary Medical Group & Associate Professor, Radiology and Radiological Sciences, Uniformed Services University
- Colonel Lee Payne, USAF, MD, Commander 60th Medical Group, David Grant Medical Center, Travis AFB
- Captain Gerald Demarest, USNR, MD, FACS, Burn and Trauma Surgeon, University of New Mexico
- Kathy Helmick, MS, CNRN, CRNP, Manager, Office of Clinical Standards, Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center, WRAMC
- Elizabeth Twamley, PhD, Psychologist/Local Recovery Coordinator, VA San Diego Healthcare System, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego
Ronald Ruff, PhD, Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, Past-President, National Academy of Neuropsychology
- Henry Lew, MD, Director of Polytrauma Research and Staff Physician, PM&R Service, VA Palo Alto Healthcare System
- Alisa Gean, MD, Professor of Radiology, Neurology, and Neurosurgery at the University of California, San Francisco
- William Perry, PhD, Associate Director of Neuropsychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, USCD Medical Center, & Chief Supervising Psychologist, UCSD Medical Center
For more information, to register, or to request a reminder nearer the time to register, go to www.battlefieldhealthcare.com. For further details, email Jamie.Langan@iqpc.com.