The Office of the National Coordinator for HIT intends to award a sole source contract to Nitor Group, Ltd., in Chester Maryland. The contract calls for support services to develop a strategy, program governance, technical requirements, and program artifacts, to move the Nationwide Health Information Network (NHIN) forward.
The current Small Business set aside notice posted on April 24th will provide a sole source contract to Nitor so that the organization can prepare documentation for the full and open competition that will take place later in 2009. In the future 2009 competition, contractors will need to:
• Develop a strategy and governance structure for NHIN
• Evaluate, plan, implement, and deploy health IT while emphasizing information networks and interoperability
• Develop a portfolio to manage the assets, resources, and other materials related to NHIN
• Guide and oversee stakeholder and workgroup activities
• Lead a communications campaign which will include effective news messaging, communications, and develop a product web site
Although the government intends to solicit and negotiate with only one source at this time, interested organizations may submit a capability statement. However, the information received will only be considered to determine whether to conduct a competitive procurement or not. The response date for the capability statement is May 08, 2009.
For more information on the notice “Nationwide Health Information Network Production Activities” (ONC-NHIN09), go to www.fbo.gov, or contact Anita Nearhoof, at email@example.com or call 301-443-5312.