Top level executives, legislators, physicians, regulators, and technologists will come together at the 8th Collaborative Communications Summit “Transforming Healthcare Through Health Information Technology” to be held June 16-17, 2009 at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina in Florida. The Summit will discuss the many positive changes happening in the health information technology environment, policy changes, and changing business models.
The CCS Summit provides a high level forum to open up avenues of communication among executives and stakeholders in healthcare. There will be many opportunities to meet with colleagues to gain insight into the most pressing issues that today’s organizations face. Attendees and thought leaders will be able to engage one another and discuss what they have learned throughout the years.
A featured presentation will discuss the future and reality of health IT’s impact on the healthcare system. This session will identify the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead and provide strategic insights on how organizations and individuals can flourish in the years to come. Presenters will include Laura Kolkman, President of Mosaica Partners, and Chair of the HIMSS Health Information Exchange Steering Committee, Laura Adams, President & CEO, Rhode Island Quality Institute, Mike Dunn, M.D., Clinical Professor of Medicine and Biomedical Informatics at the University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, and Rick Schooler, Vice President and Chief Information Officer at Orlando Health.
Other presentations will touch on:
- Revenue cycle management and provider care
- Connecting the healthcare enterprise for improved outcomes and coordination of care
- Consumer tools, health IT, and the impact on point-of-care
- Transforming care delivery in a digital environment
- The Federal government’s role in promoting the Nationwide Health Information Network
- Using innovative public-private partnerships to drive health IT
Other key presenters at the many sessions include:
- Arthur Young, CEO, Interbit Data
- Mac McMillan, Chair, HIMSS Information Systems Security Working Group
- Vish Sankaran, Director of the Federal Health Architecture for the Office of the National Coordinator, HHS
- Evon Hollady, Vice President Business Intelligence, Catholic Health Initiatives
- Holly Benson, Secretary, of the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration
- Amy Ting, Senior Marketing Director of Health Care, Netmotion Wireless
- William Gillespie Vice President, Chief Technology Officer, and CIO, Emeritus Wellspan Health
- Roland Garcia, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Baptist Health
To maximize networking, Summit attendees will have a number of opportunities to meet in groups. The groups will meet starting early in the day so that attendees will have the chance to make new contacts and enhance their conference experience.
For more information and to register, go to www.ccsexpo.com/csspring.html. .