The Iowa Department of Public Health (DPH) released a Request for Information (RFI) seeking options on developing and implementing a patient-centric Health Information Exchange with web-based technology to support the statewide Iowa e-Health project.
The information will be used to provide background data for a possible Request for Proposal that may be issued at a later date. Essentially the purpose for this RFI is to let interested vendors present their ideas to DPH on systems that are currently available and systems that are under development.
Information is needed for the following:
- A hybrid infrastructure model
- Processes and technology to locate and match patient information in the absence of a single, standardized patient identifier
- Security controls to authenticate users and to monitor system activity
- Technical standards for interoperability, privacy, security, and disaster recovery
- Provider and patient portals
The RFI must be submitted by July 27, 2009. For more information, contact Dale Anthony, CIO, at email@example.com or call (515) 281-3216.