A crucial three day industry forum highlighting the latest trends, best case studies, hands-on experiences, and innovative strategies presented by America’s top hospitals and other prestigious organizations will take place August 13-14, 2009 in Chicago. The presentations at the three day “A Strategic Event on Telehealth & Remote Patient Monitoring” industry forum will emphasize cost savings, reducing hospital stays, patient travel time, and greatly improving outcomes.
“The era of the electronic house is here, and family physicians must become leaders in the development, use, and promotion of the patientware systems of the future” stated by Ira Denton, M.D., as quoted from “Back to the Future: The Telemedicine House Call” Family Practice Management.
All clinical practitioners, technical support staff, leadership, financial and strategic planners involved in implementing and sustaining telehealth, telemedicine, remote monitoring operations should put this meeting on the top of the agenda to attend.
Directors of Telemedicine, Directors and Vice Presidents for Business Development, Nurse Practitioners, Registered and Licensed Practical Nurses, Physicians, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Healthcare Executives, Financial or Strategic Planners, Technical Support Staff, and others in the field need to take provide critical input and take an active part in this important forum.
Attendees will hear key strategies to make it possible to:
- Successfully apply telehealth & remote patient monitoring in the healthcare environment
- Identify key clinical administrative and technical design and support elements to implement a successful telehealth program at a lower cost
- Identify critical areas such as change management, organizational behavior, and buy-in from stakeholders
- Market and recruit to greatly impact the success or failure of telehealth programs
- Build a telehealth program to deliver more convenient, accessible, and efficient patient care at a lower cost
- Use telehealth programs to increase staff productivity, increase patient satisfaction, and to maintain quality of care
- Overcome the challenges to telehealth programs in terms of design, usability, evaluation, and reimbursement
- See the advantages of telehealth including reduced patient ER visits, travel and facility staffing needs
- Find out the latest in emerging technologies and applications in telehealth services and products
A partial list of speakers includes:
- Samuel Burgiss, PhD, Professor of Radiology, University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, Knoxville TN
- Douglas J. McClure, MIM, Corporate Manager, Connected Health Operations, Center for Connected Health Partners Healthcare, MGH, Boston MA
- Terry Rabinowitz, MD. DDS, Medical Director, Division of Psychosomatic Medicine and Telemedicine, Fletcher Allen Healthcare
- Deborah A. Randall, Counsel Arent Fox LLP, Chevy Chase, MD
- Catherine L. Webb, MD, Director Telemedicine, Professor of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Karen S. Rheuban M.D., Professor of Pediatrics, University of Virginia, Senior Associate Dean for CME and External Affairs Medical Director for the Office of Telemedicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA
- Dale C. Alverson, MD., Medical Director, Center for Telehealth and Cybermedicine Research, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM
- David Ellis, M.D., Director, Division of Telehealth and Healthcare Informatics, Erie County Medical Center, Buffalo, New York
- Steve Kropp, Director, Outreach Services and Telehealth, Saint Luke’s Health System
- Carol Quiring, RN, CEO/President, Home Care and Hospice, Saint Luke’s Health System
- Christine Martin, MBA, PMP, MT 9ASCP), Executive Director, California Telemedicine and eHealth Center
- Charles Nechtem, President, Charles Nechtem Associates
For more information and/or to register, please email email@example.com or call (312) 780-0700 ext. 117 and use source code FEDTEL to receive your discounted rate. Active Communications International (ACI) is a leader in conference planning and production.