The ATA 2010 Mid-Year Meeting will combine multiple telemedicine events and a telehealth exhibit hall to run concurrently in one convenient location on September 26-28 at the Hilton in Baltimore MD. There will be many opportunities to network with the most influential movers-and-shakers in telemedicine and to discuss the future of healthcare and telemedicine.
Among many topics, the ATA Summit 2010 will discuss government funding for telehealth, private payers of telemedicine, answer questions on federal regulations, and discuss how academic medical centers are influencing telemedicine.
The ATA Meeting will identify the swift changes underway in healthcare delivery and specific opportunities provided by those involved in telemedicine. The exciting line-up of speakers at this meeting will share the challenges and opportunities of health reform and the important role that telemedicine can play.
The agenda includes a line-up of all star speakers to present many perspectives in healthcare. For the first time, senior management from CMS, HRSA, and other major federal programs will actively participate in the telemedicine meeting, signifying a significant shift in federal public policy. Also participating will be senior leaders from regulators and private payers.
Featured speakers include:
• Marilyn Tavenner, Principal Deputy Administrator and Chief Operating Officer for CMS
• Anthony “Tony” Rodgers, Deputy Administrator for Strategic Planning CMS
• Reed V. Tuckson, MD, Executive Vice President, Chief of Medical Affairs, UnitedHealth Group
• Molly J. Coye, MD, MPH, CEO, Health Technology Center
• Mary Wakefield, PhD, RN, Administrator, HRSA
• Phoebe Yang, Senior Advisor to the FCC Chairman, and General Counsel, Omnibus Broadband Initiative, FCC
• Ronald C. Merrell, MD, FACS, Professor of Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University
• Dale Alverson, MD, Medical Director, Center for Telehealth, University of New Mexico Health Sciences and President of the American Telemedicine Association
• Mark B McClellan, Director, Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform
• Bernard A Harris Jr. MD, President-Elect, ATA, President and CEO Vesalius Ventures
• William D. James, MD, FAAD, President, American Academy of Dermatology
• Jonathan Linkous, Chief Executive Officer, ATA
The 5th Annual Pediatric Telehealth Colloquium will be held at the Mid-Year Meeting to hear discussions on original research related to pediatric telemedicine, innovative pediatric telehealth applications, achieving sustainability, providing quality of care, financial impact on the field, novel technologies, and advancing telecommunications.
The meeting will also feature pre-meeting events and partner meetings to include a Telemedicine Basics Tutorial plus an ATA Leadership Development Seminar.
Don’t miss out on the 2010 Mid-Year Meeting Exhibit Hall. This is where healthcare professionals will be able to find, handle, and test telemedicine products and services. Dedicated exhibit hall hours and the controlled size of the exhibit will enable prospective buyers and sellers to connect in a relaxed environment. There are still exhibit spaces available, but the deadline to be included in the final program is September 1, 2010.
For more information on the meeting, to find out about exhibiting or to register, go to www.americantelemed.org.