The New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) issued RFP (C009999) seeking technical and professional services to implement an EMR system. This system is based on a solution available using the Department of Veterans Affairs VistA software at 26 state operated psychiatric centers, 310 OMH outpatient locations, and at OMH’s Central Office.
OMH recognizes that the VA’s VistA system does not fully meet OMH requirements for an OMH EMR. This means that in order to create OMH’s VistA Solution, bidders will need to propose additional software that can be the contractor’s existing proprietary software, software developed by the contractor during the project, and/or third party software.
OMH’s vision for New York State mental healthcare includes developing and supporting a coordinated, comprehensive, community-based public mental health system. OMH wants to improve the tracking of individual mental health records, the flow of EMR data among OMH facilities and outpatient locations, and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the OMH mental health services.
The bid proposal submission is due April 27th 2012. The pre-bid conference form is due January 23rd 2012. The mandatory pre-bid conference OMH demos Day 1 will be held February 6th, 2012 with the Demos Day 2 to follow on February 7th, 2012.
To be eligible for the contract award, the bidder must demonstrate:
• Five years experience in implementing a VistA-based EMR solution at multiple facilities within a single hospital entity or state agency
• Five years experience in using commonly accepted project management best practices to successfully manage and implement the system
• Five years experience and technical capability in software design, development, testing, configuration, customization, and integration with third party software
• Have a relationship with the VA FOIA office to ensure that all future plans, software development, corrections and modifications to VistA by the VA will be immediately available to OMH
• Capability to deploy a web-based product when it is available from the VA
Go to www.omh.state.ny.us/omhweb/rfp/2011/emr to view the RFP and supporting documents. For more information, email Sheila Long, Scott Derby, or Joel Rubin at EMR-RFP@omh.ny.gov.