The Children’s Fund of Connecticut wants to see all children in the state particularly disadvantaged children have access to a comprehensive and effective community-based healthcare system. The Innovation Fund in the state funds grants up to $125,000 to go to local primary and preventive pediatric health and mental initiatives that are sound and evidence-based.
The five priority areas under consideration would:
- Enable the pediatric primary care system to support comprehensive quality care (medical home) for all children
- Establish outreach and care coordination systems to ensure access to all needed health and mental healthcare services
- Strengthen the capacity of pediatric primary care settings to address behavioral health concerns
- Support the integration of health and mental healthcare into settings where children are served
- Identify, implement, and/or evaluate evidence-based and best practices in child mental health
The Children’s Fund does not fund individuals, private foundations, or federal agencies. Applicants must be tax exempt under 501c (3). Letters of intent are due on January 22, 2009 and those selected for a full proposal submission will be notified by February 12, 2009. Full proposals are due on March 26, 2009 with awards to be made in late April 2009 for a July 1, 2009 start date. For more information, contact Cindy Langer at email@example.com or call 860-679-1538.