The TRICARE Management Activity (TMA) issued a Request for Information (RFI) for qualified firms to provide web-based EMRs/EHRs to support the Military Health System. The EHRs/EMRs are to obtain data for each patient across providers, be able to operate in all care settings, and share information with other health partners.
The responses to this RFI are due on February 18, 2011 but the RFI was issued solely for information and planning purposes and does not constitute a solicitation at this time. However, a Request for Proposal is anticipated to be released in the near future which may result in a multiple year FFP or CPFF type contract.
Some of the information to include on the proposed web-based EHRs/EMRs may include:
• Scope of current utilization
• CCHIT certification status
• Extent of interoperability with NHIN, national reference laboratories and ePrescribing
• Medical device interfaces
• Clinical decision support, immunization, and personal health record features
• Scheduling, reporting, and practice management features
• Is the code open source and is the code design compliant with applicable national standards
• Performance in terms of speed, reliability, and usability
Other information may be included as it concerns the value and applicability of using the system within the MHS, VA Health System, and/or in a joint collaboration between the VA and MHS.
For more information, go to www.fbo.gov. The Point of Contact for this RFI is Wendy Sellers. She can be reached at Wendy.Sellers@tma.osd.mil.
In other TRICARE news, the TMA, in their Acquisition Management and Support Directorate has established the Office of Small Business Programs (SBP). This office will sponsor small business fairs, procurement conferences, as well as participate in trade group seminars, conventions, and other forums to help small business contractors.
For more information on SBP, email Marisol Vargas-Busch at Marisol.email@example.com.