The Alliance for Health Reform in Washington D.C www.allhealth.org is looking for a Communications Manager to help the Alliance connect in new ways with reporters and users of the Alliance website.
The Alliance was found by John D (Jay) Rockefeller, Senator from West Virginia and the Alliance’s Vice President Ed Howard to help reporters and congressional staff to sort through the many options for changing the U.S healthcare system.
The Alliance has conducted more than 500 briefings on Capitol Hill and elsewhere with registrations surpassing 350 people plus the Alliance has helped reporters in Washington and beyond find experts and find new ideas for stories.
The Communication Manager will report to Ed Howard and Anastasia Dent, Director of Operations and Grant Management to identify priority audiences and find the most effective means to meet their information needs.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
- Communicate proactively with national, regional, trade, and internet reporters including blogs
- Oversee editorial content for toolkits and a video series on the Affordable Care Act
- Author, update, and revise content in a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation-funded sourcebook distributed to congressional offices and health reporters nationwide
- Inform member of the media about Alliance Capitol Hill briefings and press events
- Respond to media requests for follow-up information after briefings and refer reporters to experts as needed
- Oversee the development and production of promotional materials and website updates to market the sourcebook “Find-an-Expert” service, toolkits, and other grant supported publications
- Work with other Alliance staff, web designer and consultant on the integration of database and website capabilities, usability, appearance, and design
- Edit publications and communications in conjunction with the Executive VP
- Draft executive communications and grant related narratives
The knowledge, skills, and experience desired:
· Substantive knowledge of and experience in social media, legacy media, and health policy
· Knowledge of congressional functioning and the legislative process
· Excellent interpersonal, writing, and organizational skills
· Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
· Ability to work closely with web designers and other communication-related vendors
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
To respond, email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Applications received by August 1, 2012 will receive priority.