Blue Cross and Blue Shield of the Florida Foundation, a separate philanthropic affiliate of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida are going to open their “Improving Access to Health Care” (IMPACT) grant cycle on April 30, 2012.
The IMPACT grant is available to nonprofits that work to boost access to quality health-related services for Floridians particularly the uninsured and underserved. The foundation defines “health-related services” broadly to include primary, dental, vision, and specialty care, mental health services and counseling, case management and healthcare navigation, outreach, awareness, and education, and advocacy and public policy.
Applicants may request multiyear grants of up to $100,000 per year for a maximum of three years. Grants may be used to fund a wide array of expenses associated with delivering programs and projects focused on increasing access to quality health-related services.
In 2012, grants will be awarded to:
• Find community-based solutions that incorporate new, innovative, and evidence-based approaches
• Build program and/or organizational capacity
• Develop projects that are forward and focused and cognizant of a changing health system
• Address healthcare disparities in a culturally competent manner
• Promote collaborations to leverage financial, human, and other resources to maximize measureable impact
For more details, email email@example.com.