Cal eConnect is awarding $3.46 million in Health Information Exchange (HIE) expansion grants to six organizations in California. The grants will support community level and statewide efforts to expand the use of HIEs to provide patient information where and when it is needed by patients, physicians, health clinics, and hospitals.
Cal eConnect is a non-profit public benefit corporation selected by the California Health and Human Services Agency as the State Governance Entity responsible for deploying funds received from the Office of the National Coordinator for HIT.
The following four organizations will receive grant awards:
• Orange County Partnership Regional Health Information Organization (OCPRHIO) for $795,761
• Los Angeles Network for Enhanced Services (LANES) for $996,070
• Redwood Mednet for $476,900
• North Coast Health Information Network (NCHIN) for $200,105
Cal eConnect has also authorized awards for up to $1 million for the following projects pending further discussion with these organizations:
• The California State Rural Health Association (CSRHA) in partnership with RAIN Telehealth Network will work on the project—“California Rural eHealth Information Network (CAReHIN)”
• EKCITA will work on the project “Connecting the Central Valley through HIE”
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 978-4853.