The Med-e-Tel Exhibition and Conference to be held April 6-8, 2011 in Luxembourg will feature impressive presentations discussing successful business cases, pilot projects, practical experiences, and hold discussions on international issues of vital interest to the global eHealth and telemedicine community.
The variety of presentations, panel discussions, and workshops will allow attendees to listen to all of the experts present a variety of innovative and stimulating ideas that will help organizations and attendees successfully grow in the local or global health technology field.
The opening session will include:
• Mars Di Bartolomeo, Minister of Health and Social Security, Luxembourg
• Najeeb Al-Shorbaji, Director, Knowledge Management and Sharing (KMS) WHO Michael Nerlich, President, International Society for Telemedicine & eHealth
• Frank Lievens, Director, Med-e-Tel • Peteris Zilgalvis, Head of Unit, ICT for Health, DG Information Society and Media, European Commission
• Viktor Kotelnikov, Scientific Affairs Officer, UN, Office for Outer Space Affairs • David Benton, CEO, International Council of Nurses
• Laurent Treluyer, Ministry of Health, France Jan Van Emelen, Head of Working Group on Disease Management Association Internationale de la Mutualite (AIM) and Director of Innovation, Independent Health Insurance Funds, Belgium
• S. Yunkap Kwankam , Executive Director, International Society for Telemedicine & eHealth
• Luis Falcon, CEO & Founder, Thymbra and GNU Solidario
Key sessions will be held on what works, what doesn’t work, as well as on what exists, or what is under development in telemedicine, ehealth, and health ICT systems and solutions.
Key ideas and topics will be on:
• Mobile Health, telecardiology, telemonitoring, distance consultations, EHRs, eLearning and much more
• Gerontechnologies for independent living services for older people or people with loss of autonomy • Benefits of open source software in healthcare
• Debate on evidence of telehealth outcomes in terms of clinical and economic outcomes
• Regional initiatives in telemedicine and eHealth
• Ethical and legal issues in eHealth and telemedicine
• A review of the European project “RENEWING HEALTH-Regions of Europe Working Together for Health” to support implementation of large-scale real-life test beds
• Virtual reality, mental health, stress related disorders and rehabilitation
• Satellite applications to health
Plus much more information and conversation on other stimulating and important topics will be an important part of the three day meeting.
Conference participants will want to take part in great networking opportunities for possible contacts and partnerships. This meeting is the perfect forum to share experiences and knowledge and a great chance to gain new insights. The Med-e-Tel expo and networking area will include many companies with just released and innovative products such as A&D Medical, Aerotel Medical Systems, Aipermon, AMD Global Telemedicine, Andago, Austrian Institute of Technology, BIRDA, Boston Life Labs, eWaveMD, HOPI, i2Cat, MEDGATE, Nonin, Orange Healthcare, South African Telemedicine, Thymbra, Vidyo, and Vitaphone. For more information, go to http://www.medetel.eu/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone +32 2 269 84 56.