New Hampshire’s Department of Health and Human Services acting through the Bureau of Behavioral Health (BBH) released their RFP (2012-053) on August 22, 2011. BBH plans to procure a Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) software system and associated services with software to be configured for BBH’s specific needs.
The BBH is the State Mental Health Authority that ensures that efficient and effective services are provided to individuals who have a severe mental illness or serious emotional disturbances. At a local level, the majority community-based mental health services are delivered by Community Mental Health Centers that are private non-profit mental health agencies contracting with the Bureau of Behavioral Health.
The plan is to provide a web-based training and data collection system to:
• Provide training to clinicians who administer the state version of the “Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths Assessment (CANS) and the “Adult Needs and Strengths Assessment (ANSA) instruments
• Collect client demographics information service utilization information and ratings gathered using the state version of CANS and ANSA
• Develop functionality to calculate eligibility for state services
• Develop an interface to import/export client information from the web-based system into and out of Community Mental Health Centers (CMHC)
• Develop an interface to import client information into the Medicaid Management Information system (MMIS)
• Develop an interface to export client data into Excel
• Generate client level, regional, and statewide outcome reports
Go to www.dhhs.state.nh.us/business/rfp/documents/RFP_DHHS_2012_053.pdf to view the RFP. The proposals are due October 10, 2011. For proposal inquiries, email Michele Harlan at Michele.A.Harlan@dhhs.state.nh.us or call (603) 271-8376.