The Partners Healthcare 2011 Connected Health Symposium at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel on October 20-21, 2011 is going to bring together the most up-to-date thinkers involved in the field of health and technology. This premier opportunity will enable healthcare executives and key thought leaders to have tough in-depth debates on how to handle this tumultuous new era of debt reduction politics, plus talk about healthcare issues that the U.S and other countries all over the world face in the 21st century.
Sessions will demand fresh thinking and will provide attendees with ideas on how to move healthcare technology in new directions:
• Jasper zu Pultitz MD, President, Robert Bosch Healthcare, will square off against Vince Kuriatis, JD, MBA, Principal and Founder of Better Health Technologies, in a symposium debate “Resolved: for Telehealth and Remote Patient Monitoring, the Business Model of the Future Isn’t Direct Reimbursement: It’s Bundled and Global Payments”
• The job of deconstructing Game Mechanics, Gaming Psychology, and New approaches to Designing Health and Wellness Programs will be discussed by Catherine Frederico, Adjunct. Professor of Nutrition Science at Regis College and developer of the computer game “Food Focus”; Debra Lieberman, Director of the Health Games Research National Program funded by the RWJ Foundation and hosted at UC Santa Barbara; Ben Sawyer, Co-Founder of the “Serious Games Initiative” and “Games for Health”; and Tony Tomazic, Director of Consumer Innovations at Humana
• Eileen Bartholomew, Senior Director of Life Sciences Prize Development for the X Prize Foundation will challenge innovators everywhere by asking “Can $10 Million Revolutionize Health Care?
• Moderator Lisa Gualtieri, Assistant Professor of Public Health and Community Medicine at Tufts Medical School, will highlight presentations from four exceptional innovators, to discuss “Facebooking Health: Scouting Out the Latest Trends in Online Patient Communities and Social Media”
• Four Entrepreneurs under the Age of 40 will discuss their ventures in Health IT. Market opportunities will be dissected by Alexandra Drane, Co-Founder and President, Eliza Corporation; Veer Gidwaney, CEO, Daily Feats; Michael Murphy, Founding Partner and Executive Director, MASS Design Group; and Ben Rubin, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, ZEO
• Interviews with two venture capitalists and two leading journalists on the “State of Innovation in Consumer Health”, will provide for spirited commentary from moderator Dave Whitlinger, E.D, New York eHealth Collaborative, and from panelists Brian Dolan, Editor and Co-founder, “MobilHealthNews”; Bill Geary of North Bridge Venture Partners; Scott Kirsner, innovation economy columnist for the Boston Globe; and Halle Tecco, Founder and Managing Director for Rock Health
Go to www.connected-health.org/events/symposium-2011.aspx for more information on sponsorships, exhibiting, and registering for this major Symposium along with registering for the Leadership Summit.
Federal Telemedicine News readers will receive a discount of $100 off the full price ($1095) to register for the Symposium. The code to use is “Telemed News”.
For further details, email Joe Ternullo Organizing Chair for the Symposium at firstname.lastname@example.org or email Margaret Spinale at email@example.com.