Silicon Valley’s El Camino Hospital, an acute-care 542 bed, not-for-profit and locally governed organization located in Mountain View and Los Gatos, California, has launched its first mobile application. The free app created for healthcare decision makers also known as Family Medical Officers (FMO) to use in the home and provides FMOs with accurate medical information anywhere, anytime to help make decisions. The app can be downloaded for free on Android devices, on Apple iPhones, iPod Touches, and iPads.
The app has several features:
• Wait Times in ERs—The app provides current wait times for El Camino Hospital’s emergency rooms in Mountain View and Los Gatos. Users can dial 911 with the touch of a button, as well as view a checklist of things to bring with them to the ER
• Locating a Doctor—Users can search for an El Camino Hospital physician by name, specialty, or location
• Track medical histories—FMOs can keep track of their families medical histories for diagnosis and for information purposes with a password protected tool
• Information on hospital resources—Offers access to a comprehensive health library, plus a drug reference and health encyclopedia
• Visits to the hospital—Provides access to turn-by-turn directions to the hospital, provides campus maps, visiting hours, and other useful information
• Information on news and events—The tool provides access to the most up-to-date news via the hospital’s RSS feed, Facebook page, YouTube page, and Twitter feed
To further the use of technology in the hospital setting, the hospital’s Center for Technology Integration (CTI) created in 2008, is always looking for new technologies, new inventions, and new ways to use established technologies.
CTI in working with companies in the communities surrounding the hospital and acts as a single point of contact for companies developing new technologies. CTI can also help to identify opportunities for partnerships.
For more information, go to www.elcaminohospital.org.